7 Tips to Keep Christmas “MERRY”
Discover what it takes to find Peace on Earth and and peace of mind with these 7 holiday tips; easy methods to put the “Merry” back in Christmas.
1. Make a list and check it twice.
- Write things down. Then you won’t forget – or worse – wake up at 3:00am worrying you might forget.
2. Don’t over commit.
- What is your main priority over the holidays?
- Say ‘no’ to anything that takes you further away from your ideal. Say ‘yes’ to what moves you closer.
- It’s easy if you stay focused on what’s important to YOU.
3. Enjoy the hustle and bustle
- Be an observer and watch the season unfold.
- Crowds and getting stuck in traffic can be enjoyable if you people-watch and admire decorated windows.
4. Shop at off-times.
- If possible, take a couple hours off work on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to do some Christmas shopping when there aren’t as many people cruising the shop … or call us to stay open a little later for you on a weeknight. We can do that 🙂
5. Stick to your daily rituals and healthy habits.
- You already know this. Just do it.
6. Out with the old, in with the new.
- When cleaning and decorating, take advantage of this time to minimize your clutter and unused items. It will feel good to donate the stuff you know you don’t use anymore.
- We take clothing in good shape for our foundation in Mexico sarahuaro.org and for our Vintage Rack.
7. Don’t buy for the sake of buying.
- If you can find the right gift to make someone uber-happy; then gift cards let them buy exactly what they want.
- Make it special with a beautiful card and a super-meaningful message and their heart will sing.