How does Shungite purify and protect?
WHAT DOES SHUNGITE “DO”?
Shungite is an ancient mineral that purifies and protects.
- Purifies water as an antioxidant and antibacterial agent. (add to water and let sit overnight)
- Used as an Elixer, it is believed to increase rate of healing, cell growth, and detoxification of the body.
- Helps reduce free radicals (single electrons scouring the body to pair, which can cause harm to cells).
- Aids in inhibiting EMFs (electromagnetic fields from devices: computers, cell phones, laptops and tablets, microwaves).
- Grounds and encourages peace of mind, combats insomnia, boosts energy, reduces stress and relieves anxiety. (Great for Meditation)
- Wearing Shungite amplifies it’s healing properties; headaches, muscles, soft tissue, circulation, and immune systems.
- AND… if we were still in 1700’s, we would use it as a pigment for tinting paint.
Shungite has been a folk medical treatment since the early 18th century. Peter the Great set up Russia’s first spa in Karelia to make use of the water purifying properties of Shungite. He also instigated its use in providing purified water for the Russian army. The anti-bacterial properties of Shungite have been confirmed by modern testing.
The four main Russian deposits are; the Shungskoe, Maksovo, Zazhogino and Nigozero deposits. The Shungskoe deposit is the most studied and is mainly mined out.
Shungite is a black, lustrous, non-crystalline mineraloid consisting of more than 98 percent carbon. It was first discovered near Shunga village, in Karelia, Russia, from where it gets its name. Shungite has been reported to contain trace amounts of fullerenes… named after Buckminster Fuller, (the ‘inventor’ of the geodesic dome). A fullerene is an form of carbon whose molecule consists of carbon atoms connected by single and double bonds so as to form a closed or partially closed mesh, with fused rings of five to seven atoms.