In the 1880s and 1890s, Murray & Lanman Florida Water was advertised as “The Richest and most Popular of all Perfumes”. Although now obscure to most of the general population, Florida Water has remained popular among South American and Caribbean cultures. It was incorporated into magical and ritual traditions, including hoodoo.
The floral and citrus scents of it are stimulating and add positive and purifying energy to any ritual. It’s also said to represent “the fountain of youth,” which is supposedly in Florida.
Here are 28 ways to use Florida Water:
- Enhance Cleansing Rituals: Add to spiritual baths to enhance spiritual cleansing and for purification and protection.
- Create Balance: After a bath, spray some Florida Water on your head, neck, heart, and feet for protection and a feeling of balance.
- Protect from Negativity (personal): Wear as a cologne for a protective shield that leaves a delicate scent. Rinse your hands with Florida Water after being around negative people or being in a negative environment.
- Repel Negativity (environment): Mist your environment to repel negative energy. Mix with a dash of basil and cinnamon and anoint your doors and windows to bless your home and keep you safe.
- Attract Positivity: Spray Florida Water mist into the air to dispel depression and stress.
- Enhance Romantic Relationships: Put a few drops in a bowl beside your bed to help you remove obstacles hindering your romance and to develop a closer relationship.
- Attraction Spray: Combine basil and patchouli essential oils, Florida water and a lodestone to a spray bottle for a wonderful attraction spray.
- Workplace Peace: Use Florida Water spray in your office to instill a calming environment and lift heavy vibrations.
- Energize Finances: Make a prosperity spray with Florida Water. Dilute with distilled water and three drops of patchouli essential oil. Spray it on you and your money.
- Attract Good Spirits: Mist your environment to attract good spirits or use in an offering bowl as an offering to your spirit guides or angels.
- Sacred Cleansing: Bathe your crystals and jewellery in diluted Florida Water to cleanse them. Use diluted Florida Water to wipe down your altar tools to cleanse and bless them.
- Home Blessing and Cleansing: Add to floor washes for its cleansing and blessing properties.
- Prevent Nightmares: Launder bedding in one cup of Florida Water to help prevent nightmares and remove negative energy and offer protection.
- Laundry Rinse: Add a quarter cup to your laundry rinse water to both cleanse and bless your clothes.
- Mix a little with your inks when writing spells to increase their power.
- Cleanse and Bless Candles: Use to cleanse and bless candles before use (be sure the candles are completely dry before lighting).
- Pendulum Cleanse: Rinse pendulums in Florida Water after use to cleanse them.
- Spirit Communication: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it to aid in spirit communication through fire.
- Spirit Receptivity: Periodically spray a little on your altar to keep it receptive to the good spirits.
- Dreamwork: Place some in a crystal bowl with spring water next to your bed for prophetic dreams.
- Scrying: Mix half Florida Water and half river water in a clear jar or a dark bowl and use for divination.
- Pet Blessing: Anoint your pet’s forehead with just a dab of Florida Water to bless them.
- As an Astringent: Use as an astringent and skin lotion to tone the skin, leaving it with a feeling of freshness.
- Face Spritz: Keep Florida Water a spray bottle in the refrigerator for a rejuvenating face spritz during the hot days of summer.
- As a Rubdown: Florida Water has a beneficial, stimulating effect similar to alcohol rubs but much more pleasant due to its aromatherapeutic qualities.
- Soothe Insect Bites: Apply to insect bites to provide some relief from itching.
- Anti-Anxiety Relief: For high anxiety or relief from nervous tension, apply to the forehead and use it as a rubdown.
- Hair Rinse: Add to rinse water after shampooing to clear the head of heavy thoughts.
CAUTION: Florida Water is flammable. Be careful when using it with candles or heat.